Leaf Peeping Day 5: Quebec City to Montreal


Our only morning in Quebec City started with a run along the Old Port, outside the city walls, and down along the highway.  The city is dominated by the huge chateau, fortress and fortified walls that protected Quebec from foes such as those nasty Americans, and date back to the 17th century.


We walked through the city and up to the fortress to get a closer look, and then we split off for a while.  I went to the Champs D'Abraham and Christi went to a cafe and to do some shopping since she still hadn't gotten her baggage.  I took a long walk and hit upon this nature trail which was calming and very relaxing to do.  Just to my left out of frame in this photo, you could see the river down a very steep and long embankment.


Then I walked back through the fields slowly working my way back to town to meet Christi for lunch and I saw this hilarious park bench, which perhaps had seen better days.  The other thing about seeing something like this in pseudo-France is that sometimes you're not sure whether it's a modern art sculpture/social commentary piece or just a broken park bench.  


This a central square in the middle of the Old Town part of Quebec City.  It was a beautiful, cool morning as I walked towards the business district after the park in search of crêpes and Christi. 


I sat down in a crowded crêperie, waiting for Christi to arrive and then we enjoyed a delicious lunch of warm, savory crepes.  We finished up buying some of the things Christi had seen, then headed back to the hotel to press on towards Montreal.   I think in my mind I had been the most excited about Montreal portion of our agenda.  But now my excitement waned a little.  I found myself missing the quiet and natural beauty of Acadia and Tadoussac a little.  But I was eager to sample the French-Canadian cosmopolitan lifestyle.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021: My Year in Music

Last day of Classes, Good Friday, and the first 24 hours in Istanbul!

Spoke Too Soon