Sunset Beach

Here are a few things that are making me love this place even more, after 20 years of coming here every summer.

-The salty crust on the top layer of sand at the point and the soft sand underneath: Crème Brûlée sand.

-Watching the thunderheads rolls in and the anticipation of a thunderstorm at the beach.

-The fascination of the young ones with seashells and other beachy objets trouvées

- The hotness of the sun mitigated by the breeze off the ocean, mixed with the smell of suntan lotion

-Morning runs down to the point, and then coming back to a cold hose shower outside

- License to eat unlimited quantities of ice cream

-Evening games of Scrabble, Cranium, and crosswords

- Watching my little cousins grow up

I have the love of my family in my soul, the ocean water in my veins, and the kiss of the sun on my skin. This week makes me so happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021: My Year in Music

Last day of Classes, Good Friday, and the first 24 hours in Istanbul!

Spoke Too Soon