Now Sweeping the Nation

I read this article in the New York Times and literally 5 minutes later I got tagged. I took it as a sign that I needed to participate.

Here's the article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/05/fashion/05things.html


and I will also post my 25 things. If you are not on facebook and would like to participate, feel free to send me your 25 things. It might be fun!

1) My least favorite word in the english language is "skort". Consequently, I think this is the worst idea for an article of clothing ever. Pick one, skirt or shorts.

2) I have a weird thing about needing to own my favorite movies but never watching them.

3) When I hear a song in a grocery store that I like, I sometimes will sing. out loud. also, if the song calls for it, I dance. I find Farm Fresh and Trader Joe's to be the places where this happens the most.

4) I respond to stress by baking or running.

5) My dream car is Cameron's dad's car from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California. I would also accept an early 60's Corvette or Cobra.

6) I am a huge fan of delayed gratification. I love waiting for Christmas presents and would never open any of them before the appointed time. I like planning fun things in advance so I can get excited for them to happen.

7) The first album I ever bought for myself was C&C Music Factory's "Gonna Make You Sweat" on tape in 4th grade.

8) My favorite big city in America is Chicago. But not in the winter.

9) Among my top travel goals are New Zealand (particularly hiking the Milford Trail) and South Africa's 2010 World Cup.

10) I don't like chick flicks because I contend they take cheap shots at emotional soft spots and often the acting is crappy. Titanic, the Notebook, and A Walk To Remember are all chick flicks to me (sorry if that offends). I do however enjoy great romance movies, i.e. Casablanca, Sabrina, The Princess Bride, A Very Long Engagement. I appreciate movies that can combine humor, plot and real emotion.

11) The Super Bowl is my favorite eating day of the year because I love dips of all kinds, especially hummus and guacamole.

12) I cherish my Netflix account and have recently taken to watching every Ken Burns documentary I can get my hands on. (not one disappointment in the bunch, let me tell you.)
13) My favorite smell is campfire.

14) I think spring in Williamsburg, VA is a little slice of heaven.

15) The best bar I've ever been too was The Flying Saucer in Nashville, TN.

16) I don't have DVR or TiVo so I am always in front of a television between 9 and 10pm on Thursday nights for the Office and 30 Rock. "I want to go to there."

17) Robert Redford and Brett Favre are in my older man file.

18) For a while when I was in pre-school I lived in Utah. We had the coolest backyard ever, complete with mountain views, tire swing and awesome sledding hill.

19) I would like to visit every National Park in the United States. Of the ones that I’ve been to, Yosemite and Zion are probably my favorites. I went to a lot when I was really young but don't have a lot of memories from them.

20) My favorite run in Colonial Williamsburg is around W&M’s campus, down the Colonial Parkway and to Jamestown Beach.

21) I read the Lord of the Rings trilogy annually. I also watch the movies every Christmas, usually in rapid succession.

22) Great accomplishments in sports make me emotional.

23) When I was younger I used to sort my M&M’s by color and eat them in the following order: tan (this was before the blue ones replaced them in 1995), dark brown, yellow, orange, red, then green.

24) I can rap every word to Dr. Dre's "Nuthin' but a G Thang". It was the first rap song I ever heard.

25) I’m really finicky about grammar and diction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021: My Year in Music

Last day of Classes, Good Friday, and the first 24 hours in Istanbul!

Spoke Too Soon