Swedish Wisdom

"I'm sick and tired of living in the future. I just want some now."

I think this quote sums up my feelings over life since about Thanksgiving. (It was spoken by the frontman for the Swedish rock duo The Tough Alliance about his resolution not to dwell on the upcoming year. I would never have come across them or this quote if it hadn't been for the clutch birthday present from my older bro, a subscription to Paste magazine. Mad props, Beebo.)

All I can do is think about where I should be going, what I should be doing, what I could leave behind and what I could be heading towards. I've never called my parents more in my life. I keep hoping I will hear just the right thing to do. I remember being in college and picking classes and thinking with each class I decided to take I was deciding the course of my future. Now even buying new tires for my car seems like a gigantic, definitive life move.The truth is, there are good things and bad things about ALL the options in front of me. They will eventually narrow down. But I may have to prepare myself to make a huge change faster than I ever thought I'd have to.

Of course none of it is set in stone, and for the longest time I felt like everyone else was going through all these exciting changes and I was being left behind in the dust. Now it seems it's time to stop thinking about change and start actually changing.


I just want some now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021: My Year in Music

Last day of Classes, Good Friday, and the first 24 hours in Istanbul!

Spoke Too Soon