Coming Together

Last night the winery hosted a dinner for the local Kiwanis club. They had requested a tour of Wedmore Place and we were only too happy to oblige.

Things got going around 7:30 pm. We had had a series of very strong storm cells passing through, but it happened to be just at that time when there was a lull. We walked over and gave the tour in three different groups.

At the end of the tours, I was actually ecstatic to be a part of this hotel even though right now there is so much to do and to anticipate. I'm up to my ears in code compliance and fire safety procedures, menus and packages. But when I saw the beauty of the hotel at night, and the excitement buzzing around the locals about the place where I work, I was really happy I was a part of it. I drove home feeling so blessed to be placed here and to be on this team.

The storms kicked up again right when I started to drive home and they were STRONG. I'm sure this is redundant at this point but there are few things I enjoy more than a summer thunderstorm. I love how it reminds me of the power of creation. I heard that Martinique got hit with Hurricane Dean. I'm not worried though since they are all pretty used to getting slammed like that. But seeing my little island in the news made me think how long ago my time there feels now.

I've started to get the feeling that as the hotel is coming together more, so is my life here. But my responsibilities are definitely growing as well. I've got to be setting up good systems at the hotel that will work consistently and will help things run smoothly when we do have lots of guests, conferences, and bridal luncheons all on one day. I'm excited for it and I hope I can come through on them as well.

Also this week I've been going back and reading my old blog from my year abroad. It creates such longing in my soul to go back out there and travel more. Literally anyone who is traveling I just want to go with them. Doesn't matter where or if I've been there before. And I don't think it's because I feel claustrophobic in Williamsburg, I think it's just because it's something I really love to do.

AND, can I just say, I just had a totally sweet night. Martin Sexton played a fantastic set at the Kimball, and THEN running through a major thunderstorm getting totally soaked to get to my car afterwards. Love it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021: My Year in Music

Last day of Classes, Good Friday, and the first 24 hours in Istanbul!

Spoke Too Soon