Spoke Too Soon

Yesterday after returning from the Prefecture (french DMV, just as badas the US) after an unsuccessful attempt at registering the car, I found that the house had been broken into and that my computer, computer bag, iPod and case and headphones, camera had all been stolen. They tried to take the TV but they either didn't have time or decided it was too heavy. I'm pretty sure that when I got back and pulled into the house they were still there and had to hide and that's why they left the TV. So life in Martinique is set back quite a few steps. Everytime I move forward here, something else comes along. I'm tired of it. I had locked the house up tight and made sure that everything was closed because Marie-Ange had warned me about other robberies in the area.

They got me. Add another B to the list: buses, bats, bees, burglars.

Comments

Dan said…
Karla, just be sure you put out a sign for the burglars to come back in February when I'm there...I'm not sure that I'll be able to get your computer back, but you'll be able to add another B to your list...burglar's balls!
Dan said…
Oh, and appearantly I'm signed up as Dan...but this isn't Dan...it's Benji. Although I'm sure Dan could rip off their balls, too!

Popular posts from this blog

2021: My Year in Music

Last day of Classes, Good Friday, and the first 24 hours in Istanbul!

2017: My Year in Music