If I Had a Million Dollars...


Today was a rather slow day at work. I spiced it up a little bit by searching for this one handbag I saw a guest come in with that I totally loved. It was a coach bag and I generally don't like them, but this one was fantastic. It looked like this photo to the right. It's the navy blue jaquard that I like with the dark brown leather. I'm liking the color combination a lot. It's hard to find too, which I also like.

Then I got to thinking about designers and brand-names and I also got to thinking about how it's been a long time since I had a date with fashion. I decided that I would go on a quest and today's particular search was centered on vintage couture. I managed to come across a bunch of awesome pieces on this website called thefrock.com and I decided that I would post some pictures and explain where I see these fitting into my fictitious ultra-fabulous millionaire life. The only kind of life where these clothes would have any kind of a place.

Here we go:

This little number would be used for cocktail parties at my super cool friends' houses and perhaps hitting a swanky club after. 1950 Norman Norell.





Pierre Cardin circa 1960. This one I would definitely use for business meetings where I would show up looking impossibly chic, but also like I mean business.







This is the first of a few Oscar/Cannes Film Festival dresses I have picked out for myself. This is the one I will wear when I'd like to have a dramatic entrance, yet maintain a classic look. Vintage Balenciaga.










Blue beaded empire waist dress will be used when I need to feel like royalty. Perhaps when I'm invited for a state dinner at Windsor Castle when William finally comes to his senses and ditches Kate for me.








Vintage Halston. This will be my uber-glamour dress. Definitely made for a red carpet event.














Elizabeth Arden. This one is maybe to present a lifetime achievement award at my favorite charity's annual gala.












There's more. but I'll save those for a different rainy day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last day of Classes, Good Friday, and the first 24 hours in Istanbul!

2021: My Year in Music

Spoke Too Soon