Hello again! It's early in 2025 and I am trying to catch up. 2023 was an absolute blur. I started the year with a new job and a big trip planned and that's about all I managed to do in 2023. I onboarded, then, in March, I went to Antarctica! It was an incredible trip, and left surprisingly little down time. After I got back from Antarctica it was full throttle on the job, working weekends at the winery, and I didn't come up for air until the end of the year. Me on the Antarctic Continent This year's list is quite short as a result. I didn't have a lot of time for reflection, I mainly just had my head down and charged through. I didn't have the bandwidth to discover many new things with starting up counseling again, trying to learn a new job and ways of working, staying involved with my family and trying to be present in my relationships. But these are a few songs that landed well throughout the year. The Angels - Am I Ever Gonna See Your ...
This week was my first real week of being in the classroom and lesson planning. I got my schedule from LP Bateliere and it’s not ideal. But I suppose I can’t really complain. I wanted to have all my hours on Friday so I could have Wednesday and Monday off, but they’ve instead given me one hour of class on Wednesday and then 5 hours of class on Friday. I’m going to see if that works or not, but I’m thinking I may not really have a choice. I narrowly escaped having Saturday classes, and for that I’m eternally grateful. I have two classes I really like at Bateliere. The students are interested and engaged for the most part and they want to participate. This is very encouraging for a first time teacher. With the boys, I’m not sure how much of it is just being nice so they can ask me for my telephone number at the end of class (one boy has now done this at the end of each class I have had with him). I have a new found respect for every teacher I have ever encountered in my life. ...
Yesterday after returning from the Prefecture (french DMV, just as badas the US) after an unsuccessful attempt at registering the car, I found that the house had been broken into and that my computer, computer bag, iPod and case and headphones, camera had all been stolen. They tried to take the TV but they either didn't have time or decided it was too heavy. I'm pretty sure that when I got back and pulled into the house they were still there and had to hide and that's why they left the TV. So life in Martinique is set back quite a few steps. Everytime I move forward here, something else comes along. I'm tired of it. I had locked the house up tight and made sure that everything was closed because Marie-Ange had warned me about other robberies in the area. They got me. Add another B to the list: buses, bats, bees, burglars.
Comments